Ground Mount & Solar Solutions
Home in the prestigious Blackhawk community goes solar
Ground mount installation
Installed by Semper Fidelis Construction
- 17.6 kW
- 72 solar panels
- 245 W mono Sunmodule™ solar panels
- 3 SMA inverters
- This project was very challenging with the multidirectional hill azimuth (from 90 degrees true to 150 degrees true) and the multiple slopes on the hill (from 20 to 35 degrees).
- The racking height was increased on the down-slope side of the hill to find the “sweet spot” of solar production by optimizing azimuth and tilt.
- All three arrays have a slightly different azimuth and tilt, providing good year round production.
- This was a turnkey project; all landscaping, engineering, surveying and construction was performed as part of the contract.
- The customer is ecstatic that this project is outperforming all estimated solar production calculations.
Source: As featured on SolarWorld.com