GoSimple Product Philosophy: Risk Mitigation
Since 2009, GoSimpleSolar has strived to provide the finest, most durable and proven products that the solar industry has to offer. It is well known that the solar PV market is saturated with merchandise from hundreds of manufacturers, foreign & domestic. GoSimpleSolar thoroughly assessed the market for the best products based on multiple criteria listed below:
- Durability: The quality standard with panel and inverter products varies immensely in the solar market. This is why GoSimpleSolar has taken the time to isolate products that are known to be constructed with durability and longevity in mind, products that have long term field performance and historical reliability.
- Warranty: GoSimpleSolar stands by companies that stand by their products. When we see a long lived business like SolarWorld USA (circa. 1986) offering outstanding warranties on their products, we are confident when offering that product to you.
- Company History: The renewable energy market is full of start-up level product businesses. GoSimpleSolar exclusively chooses products from well established businesses.
- State of the Art Technology: Improvements are made to solar products continuously. GoSimpleSolar keeps up with the market by routinely assessing product trends, reviews, and product specs for the latest and greatest solar industry products. However, our product selection only includes products that have proven field performance and historical reliability over the course of years.
- Price per Watt: In order to provide the customer with a fair and reasonable cost for their solar projects, we select between the highest quality products that provide you with the best financial returns that solar has to offer.
- Simplicity and Minimal Electronics: Many inverter companies (and solar panel manufacturers) have begun to focus on “module level electronics” which, in our opinion, add complexity and risk to the solar investment. Many of these products are proprietary; should the parent company go out of business, there will be no recourse for replacement for failed product. Inverter and solar panel choice needs to be made with the consideration that this is a 25+ year investment, and simplicity creates lowest risk. Why we don’t recommend complexity and proprietary products: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3988229-enphase-energy-circling-drain.
Enphase’s business is being captured by the “better technology” SolarEdge technology. How long before another business supplants SolarEdge’s technology? Stick to the basics and the proven non-proprietary products for best long term reliability and availability of product. We choose SMA String inverters with shade mitigation technology
Through this process, GoSimpleSolar has decided upon a very specific product offering of SolarWorld USA and SunPower PV panels as well as SMA America string inverter products. We are confident that all of your solar needs and expectations will be met and exceeded by these products. Click on the logos below to learn more about the products offered from each company.